Saturday, March 9, 2013

Why not?

I have been asking myself to give me some reasons to convince me that "today" and the "now" are real and that my "switch" is finally turning "on" (or maybe "off" will be more assertive) and I am letting myself to just let go and enjoy life.
I have been me the whole time, with my ups and downs, well I know more downs... But something is changing inside of me... or maybe  changing will not be the exact word because I am not changing myself, I believe is my always "me"  that is finally letting go, that is finally waking up, living the now and trying to live with a mindfulness attitude.
It has been a long and very hard journey but I feel that I am finally becoming stronger, happier and able to see things, situations, difficulties and life itself from another point of view.
I am finally loving my body, my weight, my skin, my hair, my eyes, my feet, my hands....I have been reconsidering and changing what I think about "perfection".  I harmed my body for so long and it did not give up on me, it gave my two sons-my treasures, it keeps me giving a heart that beats every second, and eyes to see the beauty of this world, and ears to listen  the birds waking me up in spring, and my two hands to touch the face of my loves every day.  I have been so hard on my body, the anorexia and the bulimia... and the horrible words and thoughts.
I am finally loving myself, my true, my strengths and weaknesses, my mornings (that for so long were so hard), my feelings... I am also aware that difficult days are ahead, that is life, but I feel stronger and I want to be stronger, I want to give to "me", my family and friends all the happiness and love that we all deserve.

So this a short list of reasons to believe in the now, in love, in you, and in me:
  1. Sunrises and sunsets
  2. Waking up by husband's side, feeling my boys in their room, and waking up happy
  3. Music
  4. Yoga... oh yoga... How much I love you!
  5. God and the Universe and the divine in you and in me
  6. Being able to go now through my days calm, happy, smiling, crying and recovering faster, enjoying food, enjoying exercise, focused but also dreaming...
  7. Seeing and handling situations easier and being less impulsive
  8. Books, amazing books!
  9. Walking, breathing, feeling the water every time I wash my hands and enjoying every glass of it when I am drinking it, feeling my steps on the floor, and even my hands when I write... Feeling extremely thankful
  10. Love, the only reason and answer for all

 

No comments:

Post a Comment