Thursday, February 28, 2013

Houston and its skies

I come from a city surrounded by beautiful green mountains and I always remember falling in love with the sunrises, with the sun hiding behind the green in the afternoons and with the amazing gray clouds during the rain season. I really really love and miss those moments...
And then, when my husband and I moved to Houston 10 years ago, I could not resist falling in love again with Houston and the amazing skies we can contemplate and enjoy here. It is ironic, kind of strange and to think about it, how one of the most polluted cities in the United States can display all this beauty? Well, I guess this is the magic and the gifts that nature and this universe gives us no matter what, I guess is a reminder for us to become more aware of what we have down on land and up in the skies... Life and Nature are definitely warriors in this crazy and non-sense life times.
So every morning, every afternoon, and every time I reward my self looking up and get amazed with these skies. I look up and close my eyes for a moment to set my mind right in the moment and to give thanks to God and the universe for all of these.




















No comments:

Post a Comment